Chicken Turnover, Piccalilli
1 x piece chicken breast
200g Rolled Puff Pastry
2 Slices of parma Ham
100gms White Leeks
30gms Finely Diced Onion
1 clove Crushed Garlic
Method for the Leek & Onion Stuffing:
1. Split the leek in half, wash thoroughly in cold water and then with a sharp knife finely shred
2. Place the butter into a hot medium sized pan and melt, once melted add the leeks and diced onion, sweat for 3-4 minutes until the leek and onions are soft
3. Add the crushed garlic, cream, salt and pepper and cook for a further 4 minutes
4. Remove from the pan and leave to cool, once cooled mix in the chives and reserved ready for the turnover.
1. Cut the chicken breast in half-length ways, season with salt and white pepper. Put a good spoon full of leek and onion stuffing mix on top of the chicken.
2. Wrap each piece with parma ham
3. Cut the pastry into squares 11cm long by 11cm wide ( or big enough to wrap around the chicken
4. Place the chicken in the middle of each square, brush the sides with egg wash
5. Fold over the pastry, pinch the sides together being careful you don’t get air pockets, cut away any access pastry, and seal the sides together with the rear side of a fork.
6. Make three small slashes on top of each turnover, place the turnovers onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, cover with Clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes
7. Brush each turnover with egg wash and place in the oven at 200°C for 12 minutes until golden.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
200ml Chardonnay Vinegar (Or a good quality white wine vinegar)
½ tsp English mustard
Pinch of Turmeric
Diced Carrots (Blanched in salted water) leave a little bite
Diced White Radish
Spring Onions (Sliced)
Breakfast radish (Sliced on ice)
Baby Water Cress
1. Place into a medium sized pan the vinegar, water, sugar, turmeric and mustard, heat until the sugar has dissolved
2. Pour the hot liquid over the carrot, white radish and cucumber and leave to pickle
1. Place on the piccalilli and garnish with the sliced breakfast radish, spring onions and herbs
2. Carve the turnover and place next to the piccalilli.