Obsession 22: Charlatans lead singer Tim Burgess to perform dj set
The lead singer of the Charlatans has confirmed he will play DJ sets at the closing evenings of Obsession22.
Tim Burgess of rock band The Charlatans, who had top 10 hits including The Only One I Know and One to Another, will celebrate the final two nights at Obsession with an after dinner dj set.
It will be the first time the food event which started in 2001 has featured a live dj.
Burgess will perform for the private dining room on the final two evenings exclusively for hospitality guests.
- Born in Salford in 1967, Tim Burgess is lead singer of one of the era-defining bands of the 1990s, The Charlatans.
- The band enjoyed three number one albums and 17 top 30 singles in the UK with five solo albums and 13 studio albums in total
- During the Covid 19 Pandemic, Burgess began hosting ‘Tim’s Twitter listening parties’ as a way of connecting music fans during lockdown. The concept has continued with a following of 78,000 fans.
- Burgess has a 7 year old son, Morgan
- He has his own Fairtrade coffee brand, Tim Peaks and has written four books.
Who is Tim Burgess?
Five things you may not know about the singer songwriter
The two-year wait is nearly over, Northcote’s Obsession is back, and it’s set to be bigger than ever. Known as one of the most prestigious and internationally recognised gourmet festivals in Europe, Obsession will return to Northcote in the Ribble Valley in 2022, from 21st January to 6th February.
Sixteen world class chefs with 15 Michelin stars between them have been invited to cook at at Northcote. Taking place over 14 nights, the festival will see chefs travelling from all across Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland – from Edinburgh to Dublin, London to Newcastle and beyond – to cook their unique Obsession menus.
Over 20 Years of Culinary Excellence at Northcote
Obsession is Northcote’s annual homage to the finest food and wine, established since 2001 as one of Europe’s premier gastronomic events with guest chefs travelling in from all over the world.
Each chef takes over the Northcote kitchen for the night and challenges themselves to produce a unique Obsession Menu for the evening’s guests in a food festival that is a showcase for great chefs, a celebration of great food and wine, and a meeting of friends.
This unique festival is known as one of the most prestigious, internationally-recognised gourmet events.