Northcote Ginger Biscuits
Makes 20 biscuits
150g self-raising flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1tsp ground ginger
65g soft brown or muscovado sugar
65g unsalted butter
100g golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (fan assisted) and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Sift all the dry ingredients apart from the sugar into a large bowl. Stir the soft brown sugar through.
- Rub the butter and the dry ingredients together to a fine breadcrumb consistency.
- Pour the golden syrup into a pan and warm over a gentle heat. Add to the mixture and combine using your hands.
- Roll the dough into small balls and arrange on the baking tray.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Leave the biscuits on the baking parchment but transfer the parchment to a wire cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.