Five Day Practical Foundation Diploma
Mon 25th Nov, 2019
Mon-Fri, 9am - 4.30pm
Step into the professional kitchens at Northcote and dedicate a week to food and cookery.
Executive chef Lisa Goodwill-Allen and senior cook school tutor Bruno Birkbeck have designed this versatile course to teach you everything you’ll need to know to become a master chef in your own right – regardless of your skill level.
You’ll learn a multitude of skills over the five days, from knife skills to making top quality stock and sauces to baking bread and creating the most elegant desserts. Food presentation will not be overlooked, and you’ll be let in on the secrets of the trade.
Bruno and junior cook school tutor Emma Lawson will help you create dishes of the highest quality for you to take home and Lisa will also delivery special masterclasses if possible.
There’ll also be bespoke demonstrations and tastings! Not only that but – just like in our Michelin-starred restaurant – we’ll be showcasing the finest produce from our suppliers, giving you the finest ingredients to cook with.
And with a special module on wine matching, your friends and family will be blown away at the next dinner party you’ll be holding.
- Slow Braised Lamb Shank, Morrocan Flavours (Ras El Hanout)
- Homemade Ravioli, Sheepsmilk Ricotta
- Mussel Linguine
- Melting Chocolate & Tonka Fondant, Crème Anglaise
- Pan Roast Fillet of Seabass, Shiraz Sauce, Perfect Mash Potatoes
- Chicken & Avocado Salad, Taragon Dressing
- Classic Swiss Roll
- Sourdough Pizza
- Northcote Scones
- Omelette Arnold Bennet
- Seasonal Almond Tart Clotted Cream
- 5 consecutive days run by head tutor Bruno and junior tutor Emma.
- Different training modules each day.
- Students prepare their own lunch - served at The Chef\'s Table with a complimentary glass of wine.
- Two course lunch in the restaurant on one of the days
- Tea, coffee and soft drinks throughout the day.
- Northcote apron replaced daily.
- You will receive a certificate, course folder with recipes and instructions from the week, Cookery School Apron and Bag.
How To Book
To book this course please contact us on:
Telephone: 01254 240555
Or send an enquiry by selecting a date below and a member of our team will contact you:
Disclaimer: Courses are subject to availability and can only run with a minimum of three participants. In the rare event that this should happen, we have the right to cancel the course. Menus may change due to seasonal availability.