Northcote 5 Day Practical Foundation Diploma Course
Step in to the professional kitchens at Northcote and dedicate a week to food and cookery. Lisa and Bruno have designed this versatile course to teach you everything you’ll need to know to become a Master Chef in your own right! There’s a multitude of skills that will be covered over the five days, from knife skills to making top quality stock and sauces to baking bread and creating the most elegant desserts. Food presentation will not be overlooked and you’ll be let in on the secrets of the trade. The course will be run from Monday to Friday by Bruno with exclusive masterclasses from Lisa if possible. We will showcase some of our supplier’s finest produce and have those ingredients at your fingertips to cook with. And with a special module on wine matching, your friends and family will be blown away at the next dinner party you’ll be holding.
The course can either be residential with our preferred rate or non residential (price shown is for non residential rates, please enquire about our preferred B&B rate). Also included in the course is an apron, course folder with all the recipes included and a goodie bag.
Sample dishes may include:
- Slow Braised Lamb Shank, Morrocan Flavours (Ras El Hanout)
- Homemade Ravioli, Sheepsmilk Ricotta
- Melting Chocolate & Tonka Fondant, Crème Anglaise
- Pan Roast Fillet of Seabass, Shiraz Sauce, Perfect Mash Potatoes
- Chicken & Avocado Salad, Taragon Dressing
- Classic Swiss Roll
- Homemade Pizza
- Northcote Scones
- Omelette Arnold Bennet
- Almond Tart, Blackberry Jam, Lemon & Wild Flower Honey, Clotted Cream
- 5 consecutive days run by head tutor Bruno and junior tutor Emma.
- Different training modules each day.
- Students prepare their own lunch - served at The Chef\'s Table with a complimentary glass of wine.
- Tea, coffee and soft drinks throughout the day.
- Students are provided with complimentary apron which will be replaced daily.
- On course completion students will receive a certificate, course folder with recipes and instructions from the week, Cookery School Apron and Gift Bag.
How To Book
To book this course please contact us on:
Telephone: 01254 240555
Or send an enquiry by selecting a date below and a member of our team will contact you:
Disclaimer: Courses are subject to availability and can only run with a minimum of three participants. In the rare event that this should happen, we have the right to cancel the course. Menus may change due to seasonal availability.