Five Day Practical Advanced Diploma
Mon 24th Feb, 2020
Mon-Fri, 9am - 4.30pm
A unique chance to work alongside Northcote’s Chefs! The Advanced Diploma is aimed at the serious home cooks, the dinner party experts, the foodie fanatics! It will give you a fantastic opportunity to buddy up with one of Northcote’s senior chefs on one day of the course where you will be cooking for a guest of your choice but you will also learn additional skills that can be found in a professional kitchen such as knife skills and modern cooking techniques.
- Sous Vide cooking
- Rabbit Turnover
- Prawn Bisque with Prawn on Toast
- Bruno’s Pig’s Head
- Filleting Brill
- Bruno's Scallops, Pea Puree & Bacon Dressing
- Beef Wellington
- Posh Fish and Chips
- Puff Pastry
- Mushroom Cappuccino and Garlic Crumpets
- Black Forest Gateaux
- Lisa Goodwin-Allen's Chocolate Cylinder
- Two-course lunch in the restaurant
- ‘Invite a Friend’ on the final day
- Cocktail tasting
- Bespoke demonstrations and tastings based on the things you want to know
- In-depth and precise refining techniques, learning skills that are used daily in the Northcote kitchens
- and much more!
Join our barman for a demonstration of Northcote's most popular cocktails, seasonal faavourites and drinks which reflect some of the dishes you'll make, like the Black Forest Gateaux cocktail!
Watch the bar team mix the perfect Espresso Martini, King's Ginger and some bespoke cocktails based on your likes. Don't forget the tasting! The most important part is trying them all and choosing your favourite.
Invite a Friend
The final day is time for you to show off a little - invite a friend or family member to come along as you shadow Bruno & Emma in the main kitchen to cook a tasting menu for your guest. This is a real taste of what it's like to work as part of the Northcote kitchen brigade!
As always Bruno and Emma will be close by as you slice, dice, cook and plate a stunning tasting menu to present to your lucky guest at The Chef's Table.
- 5 consecutive days run by head tutor Bruno and junior tutor Emma.
- Different training modules each day.
- Students prepare their own lunch - served at The Chef\'s Table with a complimentary glass of wine.
- Two course lunch in the restaurant on one of the days
- Tea, coffee and soft drinks throughout the day.
- Northcote apron replaced daily.
- You will receive a certificate, course folder with recipes and instructions from the week, Cookery School Apron and Bag.
How To Book
To book this course please contact us on:
Telephone: 01254 240555
Or send an enquiry by selecting a date below and a member of our team will contact you:
Disclaimer: Courses are subject to availability and can only run with a minimum of three participants. In the rare event that this should happen, we have the right to cancel the course. Menus may change due to seasonal availability.