Full time: A mix of early, mid and late shifts
Northcote is looking for a Receptionist to assist our Front Office team to handle day to day enquiries, take reservations and look after our in-house guests. As a Receptionist you will undertake general admin tasks such as menu typing, processing vouchers, generating bookings, creating reports and taking payments.
As a team we strive to offer a fantastic journey to all our cherished guests from their initial reservation booking to their end of stay check out. A Receptionist is an integral cog and liaises with all departments to support and assist in creating a smooth operation and service to our guests. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself professionally with various training programmes funded by Northcote.
You will be part of a small, friendly team who are guest-facing, helping to make every guests stay unforgettable. You will also be the first point of contact by phone and email, answering general queries and making bookings for the restaurant and hotel.
- Creating a welcoming atmosphere for all guests.
- Ensuring each guest is escorted to their room and familiarised with the facilities of the hotel.
- Accurately performing all cashiering activities, such as taking all payment types upon check-out (cash, debit or credit card) and resolving any late and disputed charges.
- Being aware of all daily functions, events, VIPs and group arrivals.
Our reception is key in delivering the exceptional experiences Northcote prides itself in offering each and every guest. We are looking for a positive, energetic individual with a passion for hospitality and the drive to deliver only the best results, a keen eye for detail and first-class service skills.
- Positive attitude
- Confident and have excellent communication skills with a friendly/caring personality
- Forward-thinking and innovative
- Strives to deliver excellent service
- Great with people
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Worked with Oracle/PMS systems (preferred but not essential)
- An adaptable and flexible approach to work
There are some fantastic perks that come with being part of the Northcote family! As well as team events, supplier visits and team treats, you also receive group discounts among many other benefits…
- Competitive salary
- Up to £3k bonus paid bi-monthly
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided
- Excellent career progression opportunities within a successful growing business
- Support in entering top industry competitions
- Up to 50% staff discount on food and beverage throughout the Stafford Collection
- Discounts with Pride of Britain hotels
A little about Northcote…
Executive Chef Lisa Goodwin-Allen, Managing Director Craig Bancroft and the team are dedicated to their vision of ensuring the perfect experience at Northcote – an award-winning luxury hotel with a restaurant that has held a Michelin star since 1996.
Northcote is situated on the edge of the Ribble Valley, in the heart of Lancashire; perfectly located for the North West motorway network – only 10 minutes from junction 31, M6.